Our unique handmade kata tents are the ultimate wild camping experience without the hardship. Go to sleep to the sound of the deer and owls outside, or (if you are lucky) the silence of snow falling! Four of the five katas are set in open birch woodland around 1-2 minutes walk from the facilities.
Kata 5 (our newest kata) is next to the low meadow with its own private boardwalk and car parking space. It's the nearest to the campsite facilities, perfect for families and has been made wheelchair accessible. This kata is fully insulated, and has a stove with an oven (one guest has managed to cook pizza in it).
All the katas are hand-crafted by Croft staff to make them really amazing. You can keep cosy in them in all weather using the wood-burning stove in the centre of the tent. We've had people staying in them happily when its -15C outside! They are furnished with sheepskins, cushions and solar powered lighting, and all the camping essentials you need, including homemade furniture.
- 6m diameter tipi style tents, completely waterproof.
- Recommended and equipped for 6. Couples love them. 4 adults is comfortable, 6 is a squeeze. The hand-crafted alpine style bed is one huge comfy area insulated with covered sheepswool - so it works best if you all know each other quite well.
- Included inside: wood-burning stove for cooking & heating, 1 sack of firewood (more is available @ £6/sack), sheepskins, cushions and throws, all basic necessities for 6 people to cook, eat & clean up.
- Included outside: campfire pit, and a hammock (Kata 5 does not have a hammock).
- 1-2 minutes walk to piping hot showers, toilets and other facilities including tea/coffee making, lockers with charging points (£1) & a microwave.
- Download site plan.
- Sleeping bag or bedding.
- Towel (or hire one from reception - £2).
- A torch (ideally head torch).
- 2 night minimum booking if you include a Friday or Saturday night.
- When booking online the computer allocates katas randomly, if you want to check which kata you have been given please call 01764 670140 or email.
- Give us a call on 01764 670140, email to make your booking or use the button below.