In it for the Long Run…
We believe that business should be a force for good. That is our reason for being and why we want to work hard and with passion for our guests, our shareholders, our suppliers/ partners, and our team. Our vision is for Comrie Croft to become a model for rural regeneration with a rich natural environment that includes people, homes, recreation and businesses as an integral part. Specifically we are pursuing ‘permaculture-crofting’: conservation, low impact housing, sustainable enterprises, recreation, eco-tourism and other productive land uses wrapped up in a plan and land use design that ensures they are complimentary to each other.
Until we have a fully developed 4Cs plan in place, our objectives can be summarised as:
- Land & environmental stewardship
- Towards zero waste
- Energy self-sufficiency
- Influencing suppliers, partners and visitors to be more sustainable
Ultimately our efforts will only succeed if we involve you, our guests and visitors. We do this through information on this website and onsite. Please do take time to think about it before you come to Comrie Croft. e.g. could you...
- Use public transport to get here?
- Explore the area on foot or bike to avoid driving
- Re-use and recycle as much as possible while you are here
- Buy local foodstuffs in our onsite shop and in the village rather than the supermarket beforehand
- Buy foodstuffs with less packaging
We are always looking for suggestions on how to get better. Let us know if you have any ideas.